When asked for the Top 3 Observations in the Clean Tech Industry in the past year, Ed Ring, Editor and Founder of EcoWorld.com stated the following:
- Biofuel Got Busted: Overreaction to biofuel technology. 1st Generation biofuel is here, but the 2nd generation biofuel (cellulose) will give us much higher outputs with less carbon emissions and less water use.
- Solar – Growth was exponential in 2007 and 2008. There is still incredible growth to be seen by leading solar companies.
- Investors discovered water as an investment sector. The treatment, preservation and reuse of water is key to all human life and is now garnering the attention from the investment community.
Ed's 3 Predictions for the coming year:
- (Efficient) Fossil Fuel and Nuclear Power will get a more serious look by both investors and consumers. Fossil fuel can be more efficient and clean.
- Wind Power and Natural Gas - A natural partnership providing alternative sources of power.
- Genomics – Overlays on all clean tech industry segments and will have a huge potential in the next year and years to come. For more information on genomics, click here.