Saturday, September 13, 2008

Flour Chylde - Novato's Organic Bakery

Whenever I need my Parisienne croissant fix, I stop into Flour Chylde for a divine ham and cheese croissant, which, more often than not, is still hot from the oven. If you have ever eaten croissants in Paris, you will appreciate this post. I used to get my fix at Absinthe restaurant in San Francisco. Up until recently, they were the only ones in the Bay Area who could duplicate the intricate butter filled layers you get with a Parisienne croissant. But now I get my fix at Flour Chylde in Novato. Having sold their fabulous cakes, cookies and breads at the Farmer's Markets for years, the owners opened their doors to a permanent location in downtown Novato in 2006. All their products are made with organic ingredients and there are even some gluten-free and dairy-free choices. So even if you do not live in the North Bay, but travel up and down Hwy 101 on a regular basis, I highly recommend stopping by for lunch or a sweet treat.

No comments: