- BioBags are certified GMO Free. Furthermore, we only source corn from countries that do not allow GMO testing.
- No polyethylene is used in the production of BioBags.
- BioBags are DEN certified for restricted use of metals in our soy-based inks and dyes.
- BioBags are shelf stable, just like paper plates or paper towels. There are no chemical additives to enhance decomposition. The bags biodegrade naturally when expose to the earth’s elements and micro-organisms in the soil.
- BioBags “breathe”, which allows heat and moisture to escape or evaporate. This feature reduces bacterial build-up of collected waste, thus reducing odor.
- BioBags will decompose in a controlled composting environment in 10-45 days, leaving no harmful residues behind.
- BioBags will decompose in a natural setting at an extended rate comparable to other naturally biodegradable materials, such as paper, leaves and food waste.
- BioBags will biodegrade in both fresh and salt water. Australian studies suggest decomposition occurs between 8-14 months. We do not support placing any material in our oceans, lakes or waterways.
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Ever since the plastic bag issue really became big, I have tried to figure out a solution for our household. Last year, I finally discovered Biobags. Now the best selling brand of certified 100% biodegradable and 100% compostable bags, Biobags are made from the material, Mater-Bi. They are also the first “bag from corn” to achieve national distribution of retail products through natural food stores across the country. In addition,