Monday, February 11, 2008

Teeccino - A Tasty Alternative to Coffee

I love coffee. However, like many people, my body does not digest it very well. Luckily, through a meeting with a nutritionist (more on that later), I discovered TEECCINO, a caffeine-free herbal coffee. I love herbal teas, but sometimes I am craving something a little more fulfilling. Now, I can get the same satisfaction I got with coffee, with Teeccino. It brews just like coffee, with its dark, rich smell and taste. Created by a Caroline MacDougall of Santa Barbara, CA, Teeccino is made with roasted carob, barley, chicory root dates, almonds, figs and natural flavors. The extra bonus is that it provides a slew of nutritional health benefits:
  • Naturally caffeine-free - no processing, no chemical residues
  • High in heart-healthy potassium
  • Natural energy boost - from nutrients, not stimulants
  • Alkaline - helps reduce acidity and restore alkaline balance
  • Rich in inulin, a soluble fiber in chicory root, that helps improve digestion and elimination plus increases the absorption of calcium and minerals
It comes in a variety of flavors such as: Vanilla Nut (my favorite!), Hazelnut, Almond Amaretto, Original, Java, Mocha and Chocolate Mint. When I switched from coffee to Teeccino about two months ago, I had a headache the first day. After that, my body adjusted with no problem.You can find Teeccino at Whole Foods and other natural markets, as well as direct from their website: www.teeccino.com

No comments: