Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Green Tip of the Week

As Elizabeth Rogers says in her book "The Green Book, If we all give up one napkin a day, we could save a billion pouinds of paper waste from going into landfills each year". I remember when I first heard this last summer. It didn't really sink in until later after I bought one of those huge cases of paper towels from Costco only to see them be used up in less than a month! Ok, I thought, this has got to stop. So I got out all my colorful cotton napkins I had purchased over the years that were only being used once or twice a year and started using them on a daily basis! Such a simple switch really makes a profound difference in your wallet and to the earth. And no, it doesn't create an additional load of laundry per week as cloth napkins aren't bulky and can easily fit into one the your existing weekly loads.
If you have children over the age of three, there are these new, fabulously designed napkins sized just for them! Created by Mompreneurs, Paige Rodgers and Joyce Raffo, Fabkins are fun, colorful fabric napkins. Not only are they a great way to save the earth from more paper waste, but are a useful tool in teaching your children table manners. They also make great gifts!

No comments: